Paneer Palak Methi Chaman: A great way to introduce and mask calcium rich methi and spinach along paneer in your diet. Serve hot with phulkas.
Preparation Time: 15 mins Cooking Time: 15 mins Total Time: 30 mins Makes 4 servings
1 cup paneer (cottage cheese) , cut into 25 mm. (1”) cubes
4 cups chopped spinach (palak)
2 cups chopped fenugreek (methi) leaves
1 tsp dried fenugreek leaves (kasuri methi)
1 tbsp oil
1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
1/4 cup chopped onions
1/4 tsp asafoetida (hing)
a pinch of turmeric powder (haldi)
1/4 tsp chilli powder
1/4 tsp coriander (dhania) powder
1 tsp ginger-green chilli paste
salt to taste
1/4 tsp garam masala
1 tbsp fresh cream
- Heat ½ tbsp of oil in a kadhai and sauté the paneer cubes in it till the edges turn golden brown in colour.
- Roast the dried fenugreek leaves in a pan till crisp. Keep aside.
- Blanch the spinach and fenugreek leaves in a vesselful of boiling water for 2-3 minutes.
- Drain and blend in a mixer till smooth. Keep aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in a non-stick pan, add the cumin seeds and onions and sauté till the onions turn golden brown.
- Add the asafoetida, turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder, ginger-green chilli paste, prepared puree and dried fenugreek leaves and fry again for 2-3 minutes
- Add the salt, paneer, garam masala, cream along with 1 cup of water and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve hot.
- Place the spinach and fenugreek leaves under cold running water immediately after boiling to retain the bright green colour.
|Value per serving||% Daily Values|
|Vitamin A||4310.6 mcg||90%|
|Vitamin B1 (Thiamine)||0.1 mg||10%|
|Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin)||0.2 mg||18%|
|Vitamin B3 (Niacin)||0.5 mg||4%|
|Vitamin C||28.4 mg||71%|
|Vitamin E||1.3 mg||9%|
|Folic Acid (Vitamin B9)||84.3 mcg||42%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.