Preparation Time: 10 mins Cooking Time: 25 mins Total Time: 35 mins Makes 12 tikkis
- 1/2 cup yellow moong daal (split yellow gram)
- 1/2 cup quick cooking rolled oats
- 2 tbsp fresh curds (dahi)
- 3 tbsp grated onions
- 1/2 tsp finely chopped green chillies
- 2 tsp chaat masala
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp garam masala
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic (adrak-lehsun) paste
- 2 tbsp finely chopped coriander (dhania)
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp oil for greasing and cooking
Healthy Green Chutney
- Clean, wash and boil the yellow moong daal in 1 cup of water in a deep pan till the daal is soft and cooked and all the water has evaporated.
- Drain and blend the daal in a mixer to a coarse paste.
- Transfer the paste into a bowl, add all the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 12 equal portions and shape each portion into a 63 mm. (2½”) round flat tikki.
- Lightly grease a non-stick tava (griddle) with ½ tsp of oil.
- Cook each tikki, using 1 tsp of oil, till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides. Evenly cooked from both the sides.
- Serve immediately with healthy green chutney.