There are a few basic steps that you should take and alter them to your specific needs and hair type. This is particularly the case for those with damaged hair, whether that be through heat or over bleaching.
NIGHTTIME HAIR CARE ROUTINE
- Applying warm coconut or olive oil to your strands at night will help smooth the cuticle and act as a protective coat to prevent damage.
- Washing your hair at night is essential for healthy strands.
- Washing your hair at night does not mean going to bed with wet hair. Wash your hair a little early so that it has enough time to dry naturally.
- Sleeping on a satin or silk pillowcase will not only give you major princess feels but will also be helpful for your strands.
- You must always brush your hair before going to bed.
- Much like your hair oils and conditioners, the occasional deep treatment can make your hair feel and look healthier. These hair treatments come in many forms, whether it be to soften the hair or repair the ends from damage.
- If you are not a huge fan of oiling or you don’t have enough time to massage your scalp then you can choose serum as an alternative. Serums are the thick elixir that coats the hair strands and normally used to reduce frizz, treat dry hair and shine to your mane.
- Tying your hair before going to sleep ensures that your hair do not get tangled or create a lot of friction which might lead to breakage and split ends.
- If you have long hair it is better to cover them with a muslin cloth to reduce friction as it may lead to split ends.
- Vitamin E is one nutrient you want to include in your diet if you want to achieve healthy hair and beautiful hair. You can either take vitamin e supplements or you can use vitamin e capsules for topical application as well.
All you need to do is say good night to your hair with lots of love and care, give them a nice beauty sleep and wake up every morning with gorgeous looking tresses.