Egg Dosa: An off-beat breakfast dish that will sweep you all off your feet! Spread dosa batter on the griddle, break and egg over it, sprinkle a little coconut and cook, to get a healthy and filling breakfast.
The Egg Dosa is not only healthy but extremely tasty, with the creaminess of egg and the crunch of grated coconut. A wonderful start to the day, this Egg Dosa will be loved by kids and adults.
Preparation Time: 5 mins Cooking Time: 15 mins Total Time: 20 mins Makes 3 dosas (3 dosa )
1 cup dosa batter
3 tbsp grated coconut
salt to taste
oil for cooking
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), sprinkle a little water on the tava (griddle) and wipe it off gently using a cloth.
- Pour a ladleful of the batter on it and spread it in a circular motion to make a 175 mm. (7”) diameter circle.
- Break an egg over the dosa and spread it evenly using a flat spatula.
- Sprinkle 1 tbsp of coconut and salt evenly over it.
- Drizzle little oil on the sides and on the top and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Turn over carefully and cook again on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Repeat steps 1 to 6 to make 2 more dosas.
- Serve immediately with coconut chutney and sambhar.
|Value per dosa||% Daily Values|
|Vitamin A||346.6 mcg||7%|
|Vitamin B1 (Thiamine)||0.1 mg||10%|
|Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin)||0.2 mg||18%|
|Vitamin B3 (Niacin)||0.4 mg||3%|
|Vitamin C||0.1 mg||0%|
|Folic Acid (Vitamin B9)||46.9 mcg||23%|