Suffering from vaginal itching, dryness and burning are among the most common conditions faced by women, at least once in their lifetime. These problems are not always a sign of serious condition. These problems can be due to bacterial or yeast infections, eczema, or using harsh soaps and body washes that irritate the delicate skin around the vulva. Potential causes of vaginal itching include:
- Hormonal changes
- Insufficient hygiene
- Prolonged contact with wet swimsuits or workout gear
- Irritants such as underwear or sanitary pads
- Yogurt is a probiotic, which can easily treat your vaginal itching and burning. This combination can help in two ways: first, the soothing effect of yogurt and anti-inflammatory properties of honey can help to get rid of irritation and second, due to its probiotic compounds, it can correct the imbalance in bacteria, reducing your risk of yeast infection or bacterial vaginosis. You can either decide to drink yogurt or get instant relief from vaginal itching by applying yogurt with honey directly to your vagina.
- Cotton underwear is helpful if you have any sort of vaginal or vulvar discomfort. Cotton underwear is breathable, which means that it can help reduce itchy skin conditions. Wearing 100 percent cotton underwear might prevent yeast infections, as yeast thrives in areas that aren’t well ventilated.
- Many people believe that adding apple cider vinegar to your bath can soothe a yeast infection. It’s also a common home remedy for itchy skin.
- If a yeast infection is causing you discomfort, there are many over-the-counter antifungal creams that can bring you relief. They kill off the yeast, which soothes the itch. They can also come in the form of vaginal suppositories, which are inserted into the vagina. If you use an antifungal cream or suppository in your vagina, it’s best to wear a pantyliner.
- Some essential oils are also really effective in treating vagina issues; tea tree oil is one of them. Its anti-fungal, antibacterial and anti-viral properties can be effective in treating vaginal itching and burning. Take 2-3 drops of oil in your hand and apply it on the outer skin of the vagina. This will kill the yeast present in your vagina.
- Basil, the popular herb, contains a substance called eugenol, which numbs the nerve endings that cause itching. It has anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and antifungal properties, which can treat vaginal itching and burning. Get fresh basil leaves and boil them in water, pour the liquid into the bowl and allow it to cool down. Now rinse your vagina using the mixture.
Ladies, these home remedies can help to cure your vaginal issues, but keep in mind that intimate hygiene is equally important.