Activated charcoal for skin works by trapping all the toxins, environmental pollutants, excess sebum and chemicals in your pores and pulling it out to the surface of the skin so that it can be washed out. Here are some of our favorite ways to use activated charcoal in homemade face mask recipes:
- Combine ½ teaspoon activated charcoal in a glass bowl. Add 1 tbs of clay powder. Mix in 1 teaspoon of pure apple cider vinegar. Make a smooth paste by adding water. Apply carefully all over your face and before long you will see the charcoal benefits for skin. Leave on your face for 10 minutes, till dry. After the mask has dried, wash it off with water. Dry your face and apply an oil-free moisturiser.
- Mix together activated charcoal powder, clay powder, and green tea in a glass bowl for charcoal benefits for skin. First put the activated charcoal powder in a glass bowl, then add in 1 tablespoon of clay powder and pour in enough of a green tea decoction to make a paste. You can add more if the paste is too thick. Then apply the charcoal mask to your face and let dry for 15 minutes. Wipe it off gently with damp cotton balls or a wet washcloth. Apply an oil free moisturiser to rehydrate your skin.
- Mix together activated charcoal, tea tree oil, and witch hazel in a glass bowl. First put in 1 teaspoon of activated charcoal, then slowly add 3 or 4 drops of tea tree oil followed by 3 or 4 drops of witch hazel. Apply the pase to the acne-inflamed areas and let it dry. After the paste on the spots have dried completely, wash it off with water. Apply a light moisturiser. Use this mask regularly.
- Beat the egg white with a fork until fluffy, and then add in the charcoal and lemon juice. Apply the paste to your face or just your t-zone area if your skin is really dry. If the consistency is a bit thick, add a 1/2 teaspoon of water. After 10 minutes, rinse off the mask with warm water.
- Add the honey to a small bowl, and stir in the matcha and charcoal powders. With clean fingers, spread over the face and let sit for 15 minutes. Rinse with cool water and apply moisturizer.
- Blend yogurt, charcoal, and honey (if using) together until you get a creamy paste. Then apply liberally to your face and neck with a brush or your fingers. Leave the mask on for 20 minutes, then wash off with warm water. Apply moisturizer and enjoy your bright, glowing skin.
Activated charcoal has so many benefits for the skin that you will want to make it part of your beauty regimen forever.