Dairy products are not necessary in the diet for optimal health, but for many people it is the easiest way to get the calcium, vitamin D, and protein they need to keep their hearts going, their muscles and bones healthy and functioning properly, ”says nutrition researcher. Eating dairy has become a controversial issue nowadays.
Pros Of Dairy Products
- Great Source Of Calcium: The most important mineral in dairy products is calcium. You can find 28% of the daily requirement in just one cup of milk. Calcium is essential because it protects your bones, teeth and reduces the risk of getting osteoporosis and other bone conditions. Vitamin D, which is also an essential vitamin that you cannot make inside your body, is also found in milk. This particular vitamin helps your body use calcium and protects the eyes and skin while boosting your immune system.
- Whey and Casein: These are the two proteins found in dairy products. Whey is by far the most widely used protein in protein powders, and casein has also grown in popularity over the years. Both offer unique advantages when it comes to amino acid profiles and digestion rates. Whey contains an abundance of branched-chain amino acids, which are essential for supporting muscle growth while helping to combat aches and pains caused by your workouts.
- Impotant For Brain: The best thing about it is the ability to reduce the risk of Alzheimer’s disease in the elderly due to high levels of glutathione which protect your brain cells from death. Dairy products are a good source of substrates that will affect the synthesis of glutathione inside the brain, which may initially protect you from developing Alzheimer’s disease.
- Benefit For type 2 diabetes: Intake of milk and dairy products was associated with a neutral or reduced risk of type 2 diabetes and a reduced risk of cardiovascular disease, particularly stroke.
- Protection Against Cancer: Among cancers, milk and dairy intake was inversely associated with [protective against] colorectal cancer, bladder cancer, gastric cancer, and breast cancer, and not associated with risk of pancreatic cancer, ovarian cancer, or lung cancer, while the evidence for prostate cancer risk was inconsistent.
When the immune system does not respond properly to dairy products, alllergic reaction occurs. Most of food allergies are occur in children for milk habbits.
Cons For Dairy Products
- Harmones: All dairy owners gives steroids for increase the milk. These harmones can give negative impact on human being.
- Increase allergies: Milk and dairy products are pro-inflammatory and mucus producing. Milk increases the risks of respiratory conditions and allergies. It has been linked to the development of arthritis due to joints becoming inflamed.
- Highest rates of osteoporosis: Excess calcium needs to excreted and the kidneys bear the load, which in turn contributes to the formation of kidney stones, which have a calcium composition.
- Increase Heart Disease: The excess risk was less pronounced than in women [consumption of] three or more glasses of milk a day (mean 830 g a day) compared with less than one glass a day (mean 50 g a day) and was mainly associated with an increased rate of cardiovascular death.
- Increased risk for cancer: studies have suggested that dairy products may be linked to increased risk for prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and possibly for ovarian and breast cancers. Those who consumed more than two dairy servings daily had a 34% higher risk of developing prostate cancer than men who consumed little or no dairy products.
- Milk And Bone Health: American women aged 50 and older who consume more cow’s milk and dairy products per person than the rest of the world have one of the highest rates of hip fractures. The women with the highest ratio of animal protein to plant protein had 3.7 times more bone fractures than the women with lowest ratio. Likewise, the women with the high ratio lost bone almost four times as fast as the women with the lowest ratio.
- lactose intolerance: Some people have a lactose intolerance. Those who are lactose intolerant cannot properly digest lactose, which is the sugar found in milk. This can lead to diarrhea, stomach aches, or other gastrointestinal issues.
Drinking dairy products is an individual choice. Some people experience incredible health benefits by giving up dairy products, while others swear by the legitimate health benefits of milk enough to keep dairy in their routine.