Cauliflower Greens, Methi and Palak Healthy Subzi: Do you tend to use the cauliflower and throw away the greens? Don’t do that ever again, because what you consider as waste is actually a tasty, green, nutri-dense ingredient that can be used to make awesomely tasty dishes like this one!
The Cauliflower Greens, Methi and Palak Healthy Subzi features a thoughtful combination of greens, cooked with onions, tomatoes and everyday spice powders.
Cauliflower greens as well as the other greens used here are rich in iron and folic acid, which help raise your haemoglobin levels. This healthy subzi gives a good iron boost, especially for pregnant women.
Mildly spiced but super tasty, the greens are also cooked in minimal fat so it is good for those with diabetes and heart problems too.
Preparation Time: 20 mins Cooking Time: 12 mins Total Time: 32 mins Makes 3 servings
1 cup finely chopped cauliflower greens
1/2 cup finely chopped fenugreek (methi) leaves
1/2 cup finely chopped spinach (palak)
2 tsp oil
1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
1/2 cup finely chopped onions
1 tsp ginger-garlic (adrak-lehsun) paste
1/2 cup finely chopped tomatoes
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp coriander (dhania) powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
1/2 tsp garam masala
salt to taste
Also Read: What to know about coconut oil
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the onions and ginger-garlic paste and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, garam masala, salt and 2 tbsp of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the greens and ½ cup of water, mix well, cover with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
|Value per serving||% Daily Values|
|Vitamin A||873.8 mcg||18%|
|Vitamin B1 (Thiamine)||0.1 mg||10%|
|Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin)||0.1 mg||9%|
|Vitamin B3 (Niacin)||0.3 mg||3%|
|Vitamin C||21.3 mg||53%|
|Folic Acid (Vitamin B9)||23.1 mcg||12%|