Carrot Methi Subzi: This is a great combination of textures and fragrant, spicy flavours that has the added advantage of being quick to make. Enriched with vitamin A, iron and fibre, it is nutritious too.
Preparation Time: 10 mins Cooking Time: 12 mins Total Time: 22 mins Makes 4 servings
2 cups carrot cubes
2 cups finely chopped fenugreek (methi) leaves
2 tsp oil
1/2 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
3/4 cup finely chopped onions
1 tsp finely chopped green chillies
1 tsp finely chopped garlic (lehsun)
1/4 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
2 tsp coriander (dhania) powder
salt to taste
- Heat the oil in a non-stick kadhai and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the green chillies and garlic, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the fenugreek leaves, turmeric powder,coriander powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the carrots, salt and 1 cup of water, mix well and cover and cook for 7 to 8 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot with whole wheat parathas or rotis.
|Value per serving||% Daily Values|
|Vitamin A||879.4 mcg||18%|
|Vitamin B1 (Thiamine)||0 mg||0%|
|Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin)||0.1 mg||9%|
|Vitamin B3 (Niacin)||0.4 mg||3%|
|Vitamin C||10.9 mg||27%|
|Vitamin E||0 mg||0%|
|Folic Acid (Vitamin B9)||5.7 mcg||3%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.