Egg yolk is filled with nutrients making it incredibly beneficial to you. Here are some amazing ways that it can benefit your hair. Egg is rich in proteins, vitamins and fatty acids, which are all essential for a good hair health. Hence, it is actually good to apply egg on hair regularly!
Eggs are a nutrient-dense hair superfood. Vitamins A and E, biotin, and folate are just a few of the nutrients in eggs that help keep hair thick and healthy. The yolk is loaded with healthy fats, which help replenish moisture and make strands look smooth and shiny. And since hair is 80% protein, applying high protein eggs to the hair can help replenish protein lost during styling, making hair stronger and more heat resistant.
Benefits of Eggs for Hair
- Eggs have an abundance of proteins which serve as nutrition for hair boosting its growth. It also promotes the healthy new growth of hair.
- It stimulates the scalp, strengthening the hair roots. Stronger hair is less expected to break and fall.
- Egg yolks are high in lutein which hydrates the hair thereby improving its elasticity. It also helps in developing resistance to breakage.
- Regular use of eggs on hair imparts ample nourishment infusing dull hair with a healthy shine.
- Eggs help preserve hair’s natural oils, unlike shampoos which usually strip them away.
- People with thin, lifeless hair may particularly benefit from the use of eggs.
- Applying eggs to hair makes it smooth and revamps the texture. Eggs act as a conditioner and can moisturize dry hair.
Both the egg yolk and white offer major benefits for healthy hair, making it appropriate for all hair types. Yolks are rich in biotin, a nutrient which supports hair growth and can help in stopping hair fall. They are also rich in vitamins A, D, E, K, lecithin and folate. The egg white contains protein, selenium, calcium, magnesium, potassium and phosphorous which are all essential for good hair. Moreover, eggs contain iron, copper and zinc which are again beneficial for a healthy mane. Free range and grass fed eggs are also rich in omega 3 fatty acids which are known to benefit hair. One of the most powerful constituents of eggs is vitamin B complex, that helps make hair stronger and is essential for hair growth.