Yoga is a methodical science which helps you attain the optimum capacity of mind and it is the mind that drives the body, so no wonder being an avid yoga practitioner you can have incredible achievement in your life. Yoga helps you unlock immense amount of hidden energy which used to be dissipated in myriad other forms. Once you start practicing yoga on regular basis yoy start channelizing ‘Prana Tatva’ in your body. Prana Tatva or life force is the source of vitality in the body. But, like many other things there are certain basic rules that should be kept in mind before you start delving into unchartered territory of yoga. Before we go deeply in the nut shell Yoga is a combination of yoga poses, meditations and pranayama – breathing practices.
Doing yoga in a wrong way can have harmful impact on the body. That is why it is very important to know basic rules before you start practicing Yoga.
- Yoga should be practiced empty stomach. If you had food, wait for at least 3 hours before practicing.
- Avoid excessive intake of tea or coffee when you are practicing yoga
- First begin with easy poses and thereafter you can advance to the tough ones.
- Do not practice yoga on naked ground. Always use thin yoga mat or thick bed sheet for Yoga.
- Before you start Yoga, you must clear your bowels and bladder. Clean your nostrils and throat of all mucus.
- Woman should not practice yoga during menstruation.
- Food can be taken after an hour of practicing yoga.
- Allow at least 3 to 4 hours to elapse after a heavy meal before starting the practice.
- Do not exert and over strain while remaining in the posture.
- During asana practice, breathing should be done through the nostrils only.
- Exhale while bending forward and inhale while moving backwards.
- After completing the practice of asanas, lie down in savasana for at least 10 to 15 minutes.
- Avoid asanas during the menstrual period. Some asanas are beneficial, if they are done under the guidance of the experienced teacher.
- Relax for 10 to 15 seconds at least after each asana.
- Wear comfortable clothes for practicing yoga.
- Before you start Yoga, clean your nostrils and throat of all mucus.
- Morning is the best time to prepare for yoga and it is always better to practice yoga where there is abundant clean air.
- Don’t do yoga twenty minutes before and after taking a shower as blood circulation could speed up after take a shower. It is better to take cold shower after practice it.