Yoga allows you to find an inner peace that is not ruffled and riled by the endless stresses and struggles of life
– BKS Iyengar
Stress can quickly creep into your life and can often be hard to shake. Yoga has shown to have a calming effect on the body and many poses have a stress relieving effect. Bridge pose gently stretches the back and legs while reducing backaches, fatigue, and anxiety. Another easy yoga move, cat pose, relieve stress and massage the spine.
Looking to eliminate the feeling of stress from your life? Take a look through this infographic to learn step-by-step instructions on how to perform 13 stress relieving yoga poses as well as their health benefits.
- Rest your head on a block in its highest position and your mid-upper back on a block at its middle height.
- Bend knees, and place the soles of your feet on the floor.
- Relax your shoulder blades, and breathe for 1-3 minutes.
- Place a bolster lengthwise at one end of your mat and a folded blanket on its far end.
- Sit between your heels with the bolster behind you, and lie back on it, head resting on the blanket.
- Stay here for 1-3 minutes.
- Come to standing.
- Balance on your right leg; place your left foot against your inner right thigh.
- Interlace fingers; press your palms up overhead.
- Pause for 1-2 seconds at the end of each exhalation.
- Repeat on other side.